Dunkeld Kindergarten is situated near the town centre with the magnificent backdrop of the Grampians. We are very proud of our kindergarten facilities, especially our outdoor natural play space that creates a very inviting and stimulating environment. We also extend further into the outdoors with Bush Kindergarten and excursions into the community of Dunkeld.
Our service caters for both three and four year olds.
Click here to read about our Bush Kindergarten program.
To create and maintain a secure learning environment that promotes equality and opportunity whilst nurturing the uniqueness of every child.
Dunkeld Kindergarten seeks to:
- promote open opportunities and partnerships with families and within the wider community
- offer an engaging open ended learning environment that challenges the needs of each child and enables them to learn through play
- develop independence and resilience in children, enabling them to have confidence to be involved in decision making
- be a vibrant and progressive service striving to achieve quality
- promote sustainability and nature play.
Our philosophy is guided by the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (VEYLDF) and National Quality Standards (NQS).
to gariwerd country
Thank you for the land, trees, plants, animals, birds, fish, insects,
water, grass, wood, sand, dirt and mud.
We acknowledge the Djab Wurrong & Jardwadjali people
on whose land we live and play.
It is now our job to help to look after it all.
Written in May 2019 with the assistance of the Dunkeld Kindergarten Kangaroo group and PK (Brambuk Cultural Educator) and reviewed March 2020 in consultation with Kindergarten families & the Koori Curriculum Educator Community.